Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2018 8:18 am  #1

Not Gas Monkey's best work IMHO

I like modified cars and I like a lot of the cars that have come out of the Gas Monkey Garage, but this one missed the mark in my opinion.

April 25, 2018 10:55 am  #2

Re: Not Gas Monkey's best work IMHO

What did they do, put a Chevy engine in it? I look forward to seeing the episodes for this build, if it is part of the TV show. I like the stance of it in that picture.

April 25, 2018 3:39 pm  #3

https://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/galaxie-quest-richards-crazy-timeline-vs-monkeys-pursuit-of-excellence/
FE block, 4th row, middle image.  Lower radiator hose is generic aftermarket part that has been forced onto the water pump inlet.

Kevin
63 Galaxie 500 Sport Hardtop (aka fastback), z-code, 4 speed, Rangoon Red, White roof, black interior
Was with my dad and brother when he took delivery 30 July 1963

April 26, 2018 3:27 pm  #4

Cool! Fast'N'Loud is set in my DVR, so I'll just have to wait for it to show up on Discovery in Canada. I like that they kept the FE.

May 3, 2018 4:29 am  #5

I like some of their projects, others I don't. I always throw up in my mouth a little when they start throwing Chevy powertrains at Fords, Mopars, etc. One thing is for sure, if they built a car for me, I would demand a new engine upon completion just so that moron (sometimes I find him entertaining, but most of the time just annoying his best buddy that contstantly talks about having his "rollie" on his arm needs a good throat punching) of an owner wouldn't have put his foot through the radiator on a fresh rebuild.

May 4, 2018 6:20 pm  #6

I was interested in the custom overdrive automatic they put in there.  They mentioned Monster transmission, but I went to their website and couldnt find anything they made to fit on the FE.     I want more info on that. 

May 5, 2018 6:05 pm  #7

Greg B wrote:

I was interested in the custom overdrive automatic they put in there.  They mentioned Monster transmission, but I went to their website and couldnt find anything they made to fit on the FE.     I want more info on that. 

They used an adapter, there is a shot just before they connected the block to the trans where you can see an aluminum spacer bolted to the block

May 7, 2018 8:02 am  #8

What kind of OD trans did they use?

May 8, 2018 8:17 pm  #9

It wasn't so bad at all. Glad to see the part by part installation though. 

May 10, 2018 3:29 pm  #10

guitar74 wrote:

What kind of OD trans did they use?

Probably some GM 4L80E, or the like. Would be nice to see if it is all Ford.

Board footera