Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2013 8:53 pm  #1

Hood for 68 Ford Galaxie 500 Conv.

on December 4, 2012, 8:09 am, Galaxie68 wrote:

Hey everyone! I need a hood for my 68 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible. I would rather have a solid & straight original instead of a repop (If they even make a repop). How much would one set a guy back, any idea? Thanks.

"I trust. You wanna see what I trust?" 'In God' I trust. It's the words on the back of every bill."~Steve McQueen in "The Getaway."

on December 4, 2012, 8:05 pm, Daze wrote:

here is one on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Ford-Galaxie-500-XL-LTD-Country-Squire-custom-hood-/321033204347?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abf11f27b&vxp=mtr
May not be what you are looking for but should give you a starting point price wise. If it were me I would be looking for a parts car with a good hood. Probably won't cost you much more than just the hood and then you will have an extra... everything

on December 5, 2012, 6:58 am, Galaxie68 wrote:

Hello Daze. I already thought of that avenue, but I tell ya, I just don't think I have enough room for another car where I'm at. Space is getting tight. Now, that's not a bad position to be in mind you, but....

"I trust. You wanna see what I trust?" 'In God' I trust. It's the words on the back of every bill."~Steve McQueen in "The Getaway."

Board footera