Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2013 8:50 pm  #1

New Turn Signal Switch Installation - 1966 Galaxie 500

on November 16, 2012, 5:15 pm, Jayz66 wrote:

Well, it took me a long time to get around to it, but I feel good about my repair. The installation is very easy, except for the swapping of the old shaft into the new switch. That part made me nervous but it worked out fine because I was careful. My 66 is back on the road again!
My 66 has not been getting the love it needs recently because I am working on another project - a 65 Chevy Stepside

on November 17, 2012, 5:00 am, DaveCole wrote:

Nice job and thanks for taking the extra time to take pictures and notations. That should help other folks who have to do this procedure in the future.

on December 4, 2012, 8:51 pm, Daze wrote:

Nice job Jay
would it have been possible to simply sleeve the smaller shaft with a bushing?? just thinking out loud

on December 5, 2012, 5:01 am, Jayz66 wrote:

I never thought of that. The threads in the smaller shaft were correct. The kit instructions told me to exchange the shafts and that's why they included the little clips, so I just did what they said. Your idea would work too.

Board footera