Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2017 1:21 am  #1

72 Galaxie with a 400: Header choices

Hi guys,
I want to upgrade the exhaust on my 72 with a 400M. Problem is that I can't seem to find fitting headers. Even assuming that headers for a Gran Torino/Ranchero will fit, none of the available models fits my spec:
-Flowtechs don't fit with a C6
-Hedman Hedders don't fit a 400 and don't fit with a C6
-Hookers don't fit with power steering

At least, that's the theory. In practice, what can I get to fit using a hammer? Is there anything from a smaller brand that's not on Summit or Jegs that I might be missing?

June 29, 2017 6:25 pm  #2

Re: 72 Galaxie with a 400: Header choices

I would go with Hooker super comps for a '77 Tbird. Closer to the Galaxie chassis and ARE for a 400 Cleveland. I tried going Fairlane, Ranchers/Cougar for my '65 and no dice, no fit. Hooker makes super comps for LTD II/TBIRD/ELITE WITH 351M/400. That's where I would start.

June 30, 2017 8:03 am  #3

guitar74 wrote:

I would go with Hooker super comps for a '77 Tbird. Closer to the Galaxie chassis and ARE for a 400 Cleveland. I tried going Fairlane, Ranchers/Cougar for my '65 and no dice, no fit. Hooker makes super comps for LTD II/TBIRD/ELITE WITH 351M/400. That's where I would start.

Thank you!

So, basically these: https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/hok-6125hkr/overview/year/1977/make/ford/model/thunderbird ?

July 1, 2017 6:13 pm  #4

Yes sir! It's a shame that they don't have a regular competition series, nor a listing for our cars. Especially when you consider that they make them for a mid to late seventies Tbird. I own a '79 town Landau bird. Wouldn't consider them for that car.

Board footera