Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2013 8:36 pm  #1

The hydroboost in my Galaxie just got a whole lot better

When I set it up originally I used a Corvette Disc/Disc power MC.  It worked well, I could stop on a dime but there was one small flaw.  The top of the pedal pressure felt odd, not spongy like there was air in the system... but odd.  It was almost like the brakes were slow to grab then after the pedal was pushed a little further they would grab no problem.  The other issue I was having is if I got on the brakes hard (simulated panic stop) some fluid would push its way out of the top of the MC cover.  to solve these issues I decided to get the MC from the same make and model that the hydroboost came from (94 Chevy C1500)  It was a quick swap this morning, a little reverse bleeding and I was off to a test drive.  I couldn't be happier with the results.  the brakes were really good before but now they are 10 times better!!!!!  The new MC is not as flashy as the corvette one, but I like it that way.  It tones down the whole system and makes it blend in to the engine bay.

Before

After

July 5, 2013 3:59 pm  #2

Re: The hydroboost in my Galaxie just got a whole lot better

I don't know, that new MC looks a little flashier to me. That shiny flat top look is pretty cool.

July 11, 2013 9:58 am  #3

Re: The hydroboost in my Galaxie just got a whole lot better

Thanks for the update Daze. This is great stuff, saves a guy like me alot of work and head scratching.

Board footera