Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2013 7:04 pm  #1

My custom exhaust is in!!!!

It sounds fantastic!!!!  I used a two Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded Mufflers  They look like a turbo stile muffler on the outside but if you look through them they look like a glass pack with a straight through design and lots of little perforations in the tubing wall.  The result in sound was a great combination of a glasspack and a turbo.  You get the low rumble of a turbo but a little more volume and crack like a glasspacks.  Of course the x-pipe give me that fantastic nascar sound at higher RPMs so I couldn't be happier with all aspects of the way the old Gal sounds.  As a nod to the way Ford designed the original exhaust I used a stainless steel turndown on the end as tips, and placed them in the same approximate location that the OEM exhaust exited the car.

June 6, 2013 6:39 pm  #2

Re: My custom exhaust is in!!!!

I wish I had those skills!  Nice job Daze.

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

June 6, 2013 7:10 pm  #3

That looks good Daze. You did a very nice job. I did notice that your steering linkage should have "ZERO" rust issues. LOL,LOL,LOL! Don

WKMA,Ya'll

June 6, 2013 8:39 pm  #4

yah there is a "small" PS leak.  I just won a complete PS unit on ebay that was advertised as "leak free" I am just going to replace the drag link/power valve and the ram.  That way the rust can begin to take its natural course  

June 7, 2013 8:05 pm  #5

WOW!  Me likey, Good job man!

June 10, 2013 9:57 am  #6

looks pretty nice!  

June 16, 2013 6:52 am  #7

Day,  what part # of the headers on  your Galaxie? IE  what was the original application

I have fox shorty headers on mine, but they no longer fit the bill for two reasons.  1) the P heads Im using on the new engine, and 2)  the drivers collector runs right through the middle of where the shifter linkage will be.   I need one that the collector comes down a bit past the #2 ( the mount is directly under 2) and before 4.  (the shifter linkage)  I think 87 to 95 F 150 shorties might do the trick.   Or Summits universal block huggers.  

Been researching for new headers.  

June 16, 2013 11:27 am  #8

There headman headers for a 66 mustang

June 17, 2013 9:32 am  #9

is it manual or automatic linkage??  when I first had the car set up as an automatic the linkage cleared the headers I am running with no issue.  However I doubt the headers I am running would clear the spark plugs on the p heads.

June 19, 2013 9:42 am  #10

The 87 F 150 headers solved the problem.

A little massaging....some heat sleeves...as a person has to do with almost all headers, should be fine.   The passenger side header, Im not sure the exhaust pipe is even going to need modifying at all. 

Board footera