Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2013 8:39 pm  #1

PROJECT 1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 LTD

on October 5, 2012, 11:12 pm, JIRELAND1989 wrote:

I have a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD 4 door hard-top, I would like to take the bench seats out so i can do some metal repair on the floor, Just wondering if any one knows how to take the Front seats out?

on October 6, 2012, 8:49 am, Jayz66 wrote:

Front seats
Unless Ford did something different with the 1965 seats, they should be bolted to the floor. You can usually find the nut on the underside by sticking your finger up through a hole.

on October 6, 2012, 10:27 am, JIRELAND1989 wrote:

thank you, im just having trouble accessing it underneath the car

on December 4, 2012, 8:44 pm, Daze wrote:

Soaking rubber in oil is a good short term fix...
but it tends to break down the rubber a bit and it dries out after a year or two. then when they dry out the second time they start falling apart. For me a better option is to soak them in pine-sol. It will rejuvenate the rubber and not break it down. It also has a fantastic life span. It makes the soaked pieces almost like new and they last as long as if they were new.

Board footera