Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 16, 2019 10:16 am  #1

Looking for a raked stance for my 64 Galaxie, need spring advice

Just bought a 64 Galaxie 500 XL 390 4-speed.  It's a project that I want to turn into a daily driver.  Right now the rear end is about dragging on the ground as the springs are shot.  I'm planning 27" tires up front and 28" tires in the back.  I would like have the raked look to the car.  Does anyone have a picture of 1", 2" or 3" lift springs?  I need to decide how high to go and get these springs on order.  Thanks.

March 17, 2019 4:18 pm  #2

Re: Looking for a raked stance for my 64 Galaxie, need spring advice

If your rear leaf springs are that shot, putting anything other than a set of quality new leaf springs is bush league and dangerous. Go to www.eatondetroitspring.com and get a new pair of leaf springs for your car. You can get OEM height or 1, 2, and 3" of extra height over OEM height. That an extra 2-3 inches of height over OEM will give you that rake you want. Be sure to get all new bushings as well, as they sell them separately in a kit form.

Good luck.

March 17, 2019 4:21 pm  #3

Got pictures?  That's what I'm trying to decide.  OEM, 1, 2 or 3 inch high.  Need to order springs but have no idea what it will look like.  Trying to get some pictures to decide what ride hight is best.  Thanks.

March 17, 2019 5:24 pm  #4

I don't have a picture to show you. I installed new rear leaf springs on my 1964 Ford Galaxie 500. They are 1"over OEM ride height and it is barely noticeable, but I wasn't looking for a big rake, but rather a subtle one. If you really want a noticeable rake, I would go with the 3" over OEM ride height.

Sorry I could not be of any additional help with the photos.

Last edited by galaxielove64 (March 17, 2019 5:25 pm)

Board footera