Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2019 9:19 pm  #1

Galaxie purchase advice

Hello all,

Brand new here.  My first car was a 1963 Galaxie 500, and I've been wanting to get another for years now.  There is a 63 Z code in my area, the body is rough rust-wise, pretty much the perimeter from front fender the way around the car to the other front fender will need body work.  I've got experience with that.  The interior is need in pretty much of a full restore.  The current owner indicates that the engine and transmission are strong.  The starter, however, is bad.  I negotiated down to $2800 for it as is, given that I can hear it run.  

Thoughts?  Should I pull the trigger or wait for a better deal?

Thanks in advance.

January 31, 2019 10:13 am  #2

Re: Galaxie purchase advice

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me if the engine, trans, ect., are in good shape. It all depends if your happy with what your getting for the money. Hagerty lists one in fair shape for around $8000. If it was near me I think I would purchase it just for the engine/trans and then sell the car.   

January 31, 2019 10:18 am  #3

Re: Galaxie purchase advice

Great, thank you for your help!

Board footera