Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2014 2:58 pm  #1

Wanted 63 1/2 Galaxie trunk weatherstrip gutters, aka..trunk lip.

My trunk floor has been repaird but I need the trunk rain gutter...the metal all around where the weather strip sits. Does anybody know where a junk car is with a good trunk lip??

May 5, 2014 11:27 am  #2

Re: Wanted 63 1/2 Galaxie trunk weatherstrip gutters, aka..trunk lip.

I don't have an answer for you but I do find it interesting that this is a common request.  I have seen at least three requests for what you are looking for and in all cases it was a 63.  I wonder if the trunk on a 63 doesn't shed water as well as it should??

May 5, 2014 3:18 pm  #3

I guess they rust out alot.  especially if they get some pine needles or leaves in there and then sits for years.  Unfortunately nobody re-pops these. 

January 15, 2015 1:55 pm  #4

I ended up finding them on Ebay.   A seller was listing his trunk lid hinges with a pic of a perfect trunk lip.  So I called ...luckily they were a salvage yard.  paid around 265.00 for them cut out and shipped. Not bad.

January 15, 2015 1:56 pm  #5

Here's what the trunk lip looked like before.

January 16, 2015 2:32 pm  #6

Man, that is some serious rust! Nice repair...you are very brave, that would scare me away!

January 16, 2015 3:01 pm  #7

Rusty trunk rails seem to be a common problem on these 63s.  Somebody seriously needs to consider re-popping these.  I think they would sell.  Prob the most badly needed after quarter panels and floor pans.

Last edited by g-man (January 16, 2015 3:01 pm)

November 7, 2018 12:46 pm  #8

Hi guys - 

I know I'm late (really late) to the party, but I wanted to let you know that Auto Metal Direct (AMD) is now offer 1963 Ford Galaxie trunk gutters! These are brand new reproduction parts made on our exclusive new tools. Both sides are in stock. Let me know if you have any questions.

Trunk Gutter Set (3pcs) - LH - 63 Ford Galaxie
Part# 825-8963-LS
Retail price: $169.99

Trunk Gutter Set (3pcs) - RH - 63 Ford Galaxie
Part# 825-8963-RS
Retail price: $169.99

Board footera