Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2018 6:07 pm  #1

1963 1/2 Galaxy 500 XL Interior kit

Anyone know if you can buy 63.5 galaxy 500xl Interior kit in white in the correct OEM style? Seat upholstery & Door cards

September 21, 2018 9:16 am  #2

Re: 1963 1/2 Galaxy 500 XL Interior kit

Check all the restoration parts houses to see if off the shelf kits are available, and expect they are. Places like SMS Auto Fabrics should be able to make door cards to order. SMS would supply fabric for you to take to a local upholstery shop for seats.

September 21, 2018 3:30 pm  #3

Thanks for the help. I checked and Dearborn Classics have them for the 63 Fastback 500 XL, but not in white...I will contact them and see if they can place a special order. Cheers.

September 22, 2018 9:00 am  #4

mygal63 wrote:

Anyone know if you can buy 63.5 galaxy 500xl Interior kit in white in the correct OEM style? Seat upholstery & Door cards

MY vote is to check out SMS. As far as I know, they can actually make any original OEM material that is not readily available on the market for the interior, which includes front and rear seat covers and door panels. In addition, the door panels and rear seat side panels will have the upper door panel support already attached by them. You won't have do it yourself. They are very reasonable for what you get. Check them out.

September 22, 2018 2:08 pm  #5

Ok will do. Thanks again for the advice.

Board footera