Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2018 7:06 pm  #1

400 timing marks

Does anyone have a good pic or illustration of the timing marks on a 400 balancer?
I can’t read mine hardly at all and need to find out where the tdc mark is.
There is an atc at one end of the marks and by cat the other.
Thanks.

September 15, 2018 7:49 pm  #2

Re: 400 timing marks

can you post a pic of it?

September 15, 2018 8:34 pm  #3

I don't see a way to post pics.
Spell check got me the scale has ATC at the bottom and BTC at the top with 24 hashmarks in 6 groups of 4.
It is a circle track racing engine with a 400 block and 351C 4V heads, so I think it is a 400 balancer.

Thanks!

September 16, 2018 9:41 am  #4

October 30, 2018 9:15 am  #5

Could also be 351 C.I. The only way to check that is to measure stroke. I wouldn't discount either as it is kind of an unknown quantity until you measure the swing of the crank. Being that they have the old 4v heads (Nice!!!!let me know if you decide to sell them) on a raised deck block you might actually have a 351M and not a 400 Cleveland. Either way, I can't tell by the pics. I have two cars with the old raised deck 351s so I will take a pic off of the fresh engine as it has a new balancer.

Last edited by guitar74 (October 30, 2018 9:18 am)

Board footera