Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 23, 2018 10:40 am  #1

wanted 69/70 convertible trim

Hey all, I'm looking for the drivers side quarter window chrome trim ( from a 69 or 70 ford/mercury full size convertible, Galaxie,Monteray,Marquis,XL,Meteor Montcalm) that holds the outer quarter window rubber sweep. I also need the U-jamb seals( 69-72 full size convertibles) that fit on the door jamb underneath the quarter window. I haven't been able to find any reproductions of these so it will have to be decent originals. Unless anyone knows a source? Any info would be much appreciated.

April 10, 2019 6:30 am  #2

Re: wanted 69/70 convertible trim

Hi there.  Wondering if you've found sources for the trim?  I have a '69 Galaxie 500 convertible and need various trim pieces that have gotten mashed over the years.  Thanks!

I used to think that being a car guy was shallow, but now I don't give a crap

April 10, 2019 8:08 am  #3

Hi Lonestar, sorry to disappoint but I haven't discovered any sources for trim parts except for the obvious like ebay.I was lucky enough to find the chrome piece but I'm still searching for the u-jamb seals. Wish I could be more helpful.

April 10, 2019 8:38 am  #4

Not a problem Vertlover. Not the answer I was hoping for but it is the answer I expected.  Actually, I'm finding that the '69 cars seem to be difficult to find parts for, it's almost like a transition year or something. I did get trunk torsion bars from an outfit called Desert Valley Auto Parts, and also Green Sales seems to have some inventory.  I found an NOS "Galaxie 500" emblem on Ebay.  So it seems to be hunt and peck but the stuff is out there.

What are the u-jamb seals you're looking for?

Lonestar

April 10, 2019 6:15 pm  #5

The u-jamb seals are found underneath the rear window on the door jamb. I don't think anyone makes a replacement for the 69-72 convertible. It's been a fruitless frustrating search so far.

April 12, 2019 11:02 am  #6

Did you try Steele?  Not sure if these are specified for 69-72 but perhaps workable?

https://www.steelerubber.com/u-jamb-seals

Board footera