Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2018 10:33 am  #1

69 Gal.. how to install door window?

Hi there, 
I just reglued my 69 Galaxie window back in and it wont roll all the way down. I suspect that I need to unhook, reposition, then rehook up the glass.  But could use a starting point if anybody has one.  69 Gal 2door.

July 8, 2018 3:00 am  #2

Re: 69 Gal.. how to install door window?

what do you mean  "I just reglued" my windows in?
   The sizzer style lifts can be a problem, as they get lose over time
there are adjustments on the door for the tracks to move in and out 
if they are moved in at the bottom, the window will bind
if they are moved out to far the window will rattle and might come out of the track..
I always like to set the windong on the track then lower it to the botton, then attachthe crank
mechanisum. then make the fore and aft adjustments... don't over tighten.
Use new rubber rollers if you can... and use a small amount of grease on the track.. and the gears
Best

July 9, 2018 2:27 pm  #3

Re: 69 Gal.. how to install door window?

In 69 the glass was glued to the regulator. In '70 they switched to a mechanical fastener.

I have '69 door glass in my drivers door and I had to re-glue it a couple years ago. I seem to recall raising and lowering the glass a number of times and adjusting it before the glue set, to get it in a right position.

Board footera