Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 20, 2017 7:45 pm  #1

upholstery kits

I'm wondering if you guys can drop some names to me for upholstery suppliers for my black seats in my 63 500XL fastback.
I've got a Macs and Ecklers catalog and Concours Parts, but don't know about the quality and fit of their covers. I need to do both buckets and the rear. They are both still in pretty good condition for being original, but the top of the back seat is sun baked and starting to crack. When I took the front buckets out I found out how rotten the seat foam was so that's some more expense.  Let me know who you guys order from.   Thanks,  Bud

63 1/2 Galaxie 500XL 4speed with a '67 428 and cast 427 long tube headers under the hood.  Black on Black

November 21, 2017 6:32 am  #2

Re: upholstery kits

Labaron Bonney and SMS. Both expensive but great quality. Redoing my Starliner with covers from Labaron Bonney.

November 22, 2017 5:05 pm  #3

My seats will last a few more years, but are getting brittle, and the foam is gone. There is a nice crescent shaped area for your butt, BUT no real cushion to speak of. Thanks for the heads up.

November 28, 2017 4:04 pm  #4

I try to explain how to attach 63 bucket seat emblems here:   http://galaxieforum.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=831

I used eklers.  Macs is the same.  they came out good.  There foam was good too.  Go easy on the corners ...you can see where they started to split with too much pressure.

Last edited by g-man (November 28, 2017 4:05 pm)

November 28, 2017 4:06 pm  #5

Board footera