Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 19, 2017 12:12 pm  #1

Hi my name is allen i'm new to restoration need advice

I bought a red 64 Galaxie back in Dec. Was wondering if any one knew of a place to get full quarter panels for the Galaxie's

'

September 19, 2017 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Hi my name is allen i'm new to restoration need advice

No one sells full ones new or repop. Unless you find some NOS ones. Best bet is Craigs list find someone parting a car or buy one that you can take quarters from. There are some places in Az. Desert valley auto parts is one. Shipping may be an issue. Stan the Ford Man in Washington State is a place to check.
several parts houses Autokrafters ,Macs have partial quarters.

September 19, 2017 3:20 pm  #3

thanks for the info how hard would it be to put together 2 or 3 patch panels to make a full one need infront of wheel well above the wheel well and behind the wheel well

September 21, 2017 2:09 pm  #4

abarlow wrote:

thanks for the info how hard would it be to put together 2 or 3 patch panels to make a full one need infront of wheel well above the wheel well and behind the wheel well

Good and proper welding will make two pieces into one. It will always be more difficult to keep things straight with multiple pieces, but we need to work with what we can get. The quarter should be available in two pieces, front and back.
http://www.rustrepair.com/PANELS/FORD-CARS-64-REPAIR-PANELS.HTM

September 24, 2017 10:25 pm  #5

You can also try steve@64galaxie.com he parts out Galaxies, he is in Kingman Az.

September 25, 2017 5:20 pm  #6

Thanks everyone for the info that  really helps a lot thanks again

September 29, 2017 12:32 pm  #7

Try Owens Salvage in Texas. He has loads of old Fords. He helped me out with parts for my '59. Also look around on eBay, lots of guys parting out Fords on there too.

Board footera