Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2017 9:29 pm  #1

390 hipo

I have a 61 390 hipo block for my 61  starliner  I have block pistons crank timing cover harmonic balancer that all I got would like to get front brackets  generator belt pulleys oil pan would like to have the correct parts no need for numbers matched would just like to know about pulleys single groove what type of oil pan I need  fan spacer radiator  all that good stuff also got the coae-d heads and intake carbs thanks

Last edited by Coolhandluke (July 13, 2017 9:43 pm)

July 23, 2017 4:04 pm  #2

Re: 390 hipo

I am by no means an authority on your chassis. I would try Macs to see what listing you would net from a 352 equipped starliner as they share the same block so anything as far as spacers go would be the same. The same goes for fan pulley, etc. The only place you might run into a problem is the damper pulley. I am no authority on the FE or your car. But I would start looking at what any FE equipped starliner would have for the other stuff.

Hopefully someone more experienced on Fe engines and your chassis will chime in.

I just checked MACS auto parts website,  punched in '61 Ford and put engine pulleys in the search bar and got a list of alternator/generator, damper/pulleys, and the list goes on, all for 352/390 FE big block equipped cars. So looking at that, you seem to have a pretty complete list. Hope that helps you out.

I want my next build to be an fe. I have never messed with one, but have driven more than a few. I think that 390 was one of the most overlooked big blocks. The ones I drove/flogged would tear some behind.

Last edited by guitar74 (July 23, 2017 4:11 pm)

August 6, 2017 9:18 pm  #3

Any of the FE engine accessory brackets would fit, except for some on the 428 and 427..
You might have to start going to swap meets... 
Best

August 17, 2017 3:19 pm  #4

Thanks guys

Board footera