Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2017 8:27 pm  #1

1961 Ford Galaxie Windshield Garnish Moulding Seal Placement

Hi Guys,
 I am putting my lower garnish moulding back on my dash, and I have a question. Where does the moulding seal go? Moulding seal is Ford part number C0AB-6403127-A or Mac P/N 60-44118-1. 69 inches long.
 I don't have the old one,because the dash was all apart when I bought the car. Different sites I go to, say different things. One site says placement is between dash and windshield, ( What I call the front edge of the moulding). Another site says between the top of dash and moulding. ( What I call the rear edge).  So which is it? A picture would be most helpful. Also, being the moulding is 2 pieces, do I cut the seal, or leave it in one piece? Any help would be great.
                                                                                                                                                        Thanks,
                                                                                                                                                           Dan

June 21, 2017 10:29 pm  #2

Re: 1961 Ford Galaxie Windshield Garnish Moulding Seal Placement

I could post a pic for you as I have a 61, just not sure what moulding you are wanting to see? What pic of dash do you need?

June 22, 2017 9:40 am  #3

Thanks Dan,
 The moulding that I want to see is the piece that covers the defroster vents between the dash and the windshield. There is a rubber strip that fits on the moulding, I am just not sure weather it is supposed to go on the side between the dash and windshield, or the side that lays on the dashboard. Thanks again, for the response.
                                                                                                                                                            Dan

June 22, 2017 8:25 pm  #4

Dan,
I took a picture as you requested. I use Tiny Pic to upload pictures and it won't upload for some reason. I have had problems with this site before. I will try again tomorrow. However, my car does not have the moulding you described. All I could see was a piece of metal trim about one inch wide that runs along the entire dash and rests against the windshield weather stripping. The trim piece opens at the defroster vents and is screwed to the top of the dash. It appears to be metal on metal with no moulding. Anyway, i will try and post again later.

June 23, 2017 8:47 am  #5

TinyPic site still not co-operating. If you want you can PM me your email and I can send pic to you. I will try posting again later.

June 24, 2017 8:59 am  #6

Here it is...today the upload site is working. Hope this is what you need, otherwise let me know.

June 24, 2017 8:07 pm  #7

Dan,
 Thanks. That pic is exactly what I needed. I Think I see the seal down by the windshield seal. Not only that, but I notice that between the dash and moulding, you have a gap and it doesn't look like it sits flush. Mine is the same way, and I thought that my dash or moulding was bent. But if yours is the same way, I must be ok.
                                                                                                                                             Thanks again,
                                                                                                                                                  Dan

Board footera