Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2017 4:37 pm  #1

Mystery red wire

Hello I have a 1962 galaxie 500 4 door.  My wiring was a mess after a bunch of long stories.  Any way I am trying to fix and have the wiring diagram. Though a couple wires don't seem to have homes . I have a red wire with factory ring terimial  on it so it's stock.  It was wired to a circuit 20 amp breaker  with a black wire not stock on the other post of it. I don't know where they went cause I just cut out any wire that wasn't stock. with the wiring diagram didn't think I needed them. So I have most of it wired with a three switch and button start system no key.  But I don't know where the red wire goes and not wanting to rip more wiring harnesses apart any one know where. The wiring diagram has on red wire from heat L on heater switch to heater resistor that s it.

Board footera