Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2017 10:02 am  #31

Re: Front End Suspension/Steering

Hi Daze:

The installation looked puzzling, as Ford does up grades, for the most part, from year to year.  The big change was the ram was connected to the passenger side of the frame in the 1960 and the 1961 ram mounted to the drivers side of the frame.  At first it looked like the cast iron bracket would have to be replace, to obtain the correct angle for the ram, but by inverting it, corrected the angle.  As my Ford had no factory holes in that part of the frame, I let the assembly seek the best mounting position for the bracket and marked it for drilling three holes to bolt it in place. I am glad you were able to send me the pitman arm for the unit, as I did use it to maintain the geometry.  Other than what you sent me, I pull a pump and bracket, pulley off a 64 Tbird 390, at a cost of $35, to complete the modernization of my Galaxie.  All in all, it is well worth the effort.

Thomast

Board footera