Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2017 5:07 pm  #1

1967 Galaxie 500 seat

My 2 door Galaxie 500 bench seat has about had it .....can't find anyone local that will repair it ....original cover in good shape but my 260lbs. has done in  the springs & foam ....anyone know of a repair shop or parts to fix this ...maybe replacement from newer model ?..inside is in good shape except for seat ....maybe aftermarket buckets ??...thanks for any help

April 23, 2017 7:26 pm  #2

Re: 1967 Galaxie 500 seat

OK ...

April 24, 2017 7:49 am  #3

So an internet search of "<your city> automobile upholstery" was not successful?  For me, it yielded at least two that I'd investigate.  One had a credible page on using universal foam and rebuilding the hardware.  Often if folks know your approximate location others may be of more help.

Someone here may have a better insight on seats from other Fords of the era.  Generally, you *should* be able to take at least a manual bench seat from most 60s to even '72 full-sized Fords, possibly with some disassembly/ assembly of the tracks.  Moving to bucket seats is less trivial; adding frame support in the floor pan is typically required.

Last edited by pkevins (April 24, 2017 7:49 am)

Kevin
63 Galaxie 500 Sport Hardtop (aka fastback), z-code, 4 speed, Rangoon Red, White roof, black interior
Was with my dad and brother when he took delivery 30 July 1963

April 24, 2017 4:59 pm  #4

nobody does upholstery around here all have died out or quit .....I may can find someone in Memphis [120mi from me]....thanks for your help & take care

April 24, 2017 6:23 pm  #5

kendak wrote:

nobody does upholstery around here all have died out or quit .....I may can find someone in Memphis [120mi from me]....thanks for your help & take care

Ugh - I know the feeling to some extent; guess I'd visit this guy if I were you; seems to have at least some decent ratings.
http://www.donsautoupholstery.com/
Although there are several upholstery outfits closer to me, the outfits that can work on our old rides are getting scarce.  Many have moved out to the Sacramento area and beyond; major PITA.  I'm lucky to have found a local ASE engine builder tho's he's semi-retired and believe it or not, a local Shell service station within walking distance is willing to do some things on my 63 Galaxie and 66 Mustang, even preferring that I chase down the parts which I'd rather do anyway.
Keep us posted.

Kevin
63 Galaxie 500 Sport Hardtop (aka fastback), z-code, 4 speed, Rangoon Red, White roof, black interior
Was with my dad and brother when he took delivery 30 July 1963

April 24, 2017 7:38 pm  #6

thanks for the help....

Board footera