Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2017 4:15 pm  #1

Rear disk brake fitment

Greetings, newbie here.  I have a 61 Country Squire, yeah I know this is a Galaxie forum but surprisingly many of the Galaxie parts fit the wagon.  According to the companies that sell rear disk brakes (small bearing) I need a 2.5" or 2.66" space between the axle and the flange.  Interestingly, I have only 2".  Any of you Galaxie owners put rear disk brakes on?  What kit did you use?  Anyone know what the their spacing is?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The wagon has a 390 balanced and blueprinted with 432 HP. Elderbrock alum heads, Larger front sway bar and rear sway bar, front disk brakes and a complete custom interior

March 24, 2017 5:23 pm  #2

Re: Rear disk brake fitment

I installed rear disc brakes on my 61. I used 83 Lincoln discs and callipers with a Rosehill Performance adapter kit. This system allows you to use your stock emergency brake cables.
I have a post on this forum with some pics. In the search bar, enter "rear disc brakes for the 61"

Board footera