Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2017 9:07 pm  #1

1969 FORD GALAXIE XL 429 CONVERTIBLE! 49K MILES! LOADED W/ OPTIONS!

Please feel free to comment as I would love to get any feedback as I can on this car. Where do you think it lives monetarily? What do you like? What do you dislike? Fire away!

Power Windows
Power Top
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Tilt

This Galaxie has some great pedigree. It is loaded with options, totes 49k miles, and still retains its original factory 429 big block! A few years ago it went through an investment phase where she went through a ground up restoration. The quarters, trunk, drops, it was all professionally removed and replaced with new reproduction sheet metal parts. The body is solid and rust free. After the body work was completed, the car was then repainted. Once the Galaxy left the body shop it received a new top and tune up. The brake and fuel system were also gone through. The Galaxie fires up every time and cruises down the road with out any issues. We wouldn't hesitate to take her anywhere. The interior is why it is priced so low. The bucket seats have been redone, new carpet has been installed, and the back seat is in good shape. The door panels, dash pad, and shifter need cosmetic work. This Galaxie is a great investment vehicle that will instantly give someone some solid equity. I do have a clear title. If you would like to make an offer, please call or text. I evaluate all offers, no matter what the amount. I understand and respect the idea that viability has to work for everyone. Have a great day.

Thanks,
(816)807-0353
(816)308-0351

Located in Kansas City, Mo. Asking price is 18,500.

Last edited by shawnmid (January 19, 2017 10:32 pm)

January 19, 2017 7:11 pm  #2

Re: 1969 FORD GALAXIE XL 429 CONVERTIBLE! 49K MILES! LOADED W/ OPTIONS!

Since you said to "Fire Away":
The correct spelling of the model name is "Galaxie",
Are you positioning the car as a "resoto-mod"?
Find some period correct wheel covers.
The color of the valve colors is too light for Ford engines of that era
Offering the contents of a Marti Report to serious inquries will support any claims about its history.

Good Luck,.

Kevin
63 Galaxie 500 Sport Hardtop (aka fastback), z-code, 4 speed, Rangoon Red, White roof, black interior
Was with my dad and brother when he took delivery 30 July 1963

January 19, 2017 11:16 pm  #3

Kevin, thank you. I really appreciate it. I am selling it for what it is. An original driver quality car.

January 24, 2017 8:15 pm  #4

Positives are:  N code 429, convertible, and XL model. Someone did a good job re-covering and I assume new foam..on the seats.  

Now for some issues. Why not change the carpet if your are going to re do the seats?  Door gaps are off.  Rear bumper needs re-chrome,  , You said it was "original N code 429 and you said its "an original driver quality car" So it sounds like you're more of a car sales man that a car guy.  Honestly, it's not looking too original as: Not original carb, Aftermarket air cleaner with "cobra" decal, missing fan shroud and fan?? Or was it under construction?  Maybe you have push fans mounted on the radiator that we can't see.Wires and hoses everywhere and looking very unorganized., plug wires need to be organized in a loom and perched on the valve covers.  fuel filter on the side of the inner fender well just looks wrong,  I would move it in front of the Carb .What is that hose or conduit running under the dizzy vacuum diaphram?  Seems like the fenders and firewall are  flat black. Make sure it wasn't  Spray bombed!! refers to the fact that everything got painted. And flat black is wrong should be semi gloss or satin.  center console with duct tape is hedious.  Missing some  trim or decals on the sides and around the rear lights??Missing rocker panel trim?   Maybe a pinstripe or something to set it off as it just seems to bare.  The wheels definately need covers or better yet since you are no longer "all original" just put some aluminum wheels. personally since your car is more a modified street car I would get rid of the white wall tires.  Get a decent set of wheels and tires.  Some BF goodrich T/As and american racing torq thrust would do amazing things to the look.  My guess is that this is a 5 to 8K car.  If you want 18,500 or anywhere close you should address alot of these details. Nada is at 17K to 22K for a 429 69 convert.  That is average retail and what a dealer would get for a nice driver with all the details ironed out. 

Board footera