Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2015 5:30 pm  #1

WTB 1970 Galaxie 2 Speed Wiper Switch

Looking for a 2 speed wiper switch for my 1970 Galaxie 500. The internals of mine are broke. Can they be bought new anywhere ? Maybe someone on here has one or knows where to get one. I did read an old post and a user had one but being new l couldn't send him a message. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Carlstevens (January 19, 2015 5:31 pm)

May 3, 2015 5:45 am  #2

Re: WTB 1970 Galaxie 2 Speed Wiper Switch

to repair my non intermittent 70 torino wiper switch ...I bought a 70 ford truck switch.  Bought the switch from autozone. It was "Wells" brand model # sw5585. about 80.00 including shipping. I did manage to use the guts (copper wing inside with spring and white plastic piece. Just carefully pulled it apart (the black piece from the metal piece). Tapped on the metal tabs a bit to loosen them and shimmied open with a flat head working my way around the switch. The shaft was too short so used the shaft from the old switch. Also the metal housing threads are to short and the flat end is cut on the wrong side. But the black piece with the contacts is the same and thats the part i needed. I did test it before mounting back onto the lower dash.

Board footera