Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2014 5:58 pm  #81

Re: Member Intro

Wicked61 wrote:

Definitely open to suggestions at this point. 

I have 4 wheel discs on my 62 with a hydroboost power assist and I love the setup. I used donor OEM type front discs and then got a rear disc brake kit from Rosehillperformanceparts.com

Here is a thread on what I have
http://galaxieforum.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=75

July 17, 2014 7:42 am  #82

Hello all, I'm a foster parent for Lucille. A 1972 Galaxie 500 Country Sedan. Her owner is a German friend of mine who will picking her up in October to take on a 4,000 mile trip around the US, then she will be shipped to Germany where she will live out the remainder of her life. I just picked her up last weekend, she runs good, shifts smothly and other than a few bumps and brusies looks good too. She has 30k orignial miles and has had very little in the way of rust repair. Lucille is named after her original owner who passed away in 2008 at the age of 93.

Lucille (the car) does have a few issues, but I'll make a seperate post about those later.

I'll also post some photos of her, once I clear the 2 post minimum.

August 11, 2014 10:25 pm  #83

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this forum, but have been on other Galaxie forums a few years ago.  I have a 1966 Galaxie 500XL Black/Black 390/C6 that I purchased in High School with the intentions of making a nice driver and driving it.  I got too far into the project and couldn't afford to finish it.  Now, 14 years later I'm taking another go at getting it on the road and enjoying it.  I will be putting together a "wants" list and also posting in the classifieds all of the spare parts that I don't need so that I can fund some of this effort.  Hopefully I'll get to drive it soon, since I bought it before I had my drivers license...

October 15, 2014 4:47 pm  #84

Welcome to the forum , I'm new to it also I have a 1963 Galaxie XL Sation Wagon that my Dad purchased brand new and I restored it some years back and I still have it........... Mine has a 428 in it from a early Mercury

Paul George
Fremont, CA

October 23, 2014 4:54 pm  #85

WV63Pcode wrote:

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to chatting with everyone. I've got a 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500 with original P Code 390 4v Police Interceptor engine. It's pretty much original other than the color change for now and the fact that they had repainted the valve covers blue from their original gold. The pictures on my webpage are from when we had just gotten it home from GA to NJ. I've since moved home to WV and the car was sold and now back home for good again. It originally was Rose Beige and had the large chrome ornament down the center of the hood. Seems it had just about every option on it. It does have the larger drum brakes all around, HD suspension with extra leafs, etc and brake lines like the 427 cars.

My father was able to buy a 500 Police Cruiser new.  Ford had a special deal to sell some extra ones to employees.  My father worked as an accountant at the Ford Rouge Plant in Dearborn, MI.  We even have an 8mm film that was shot as my father, mother, brother & I were allowed to take the car on the Ford test track in Dearborn.  It was a dream come true as my family got to go around the track in 4 point harnesses in the test car.  

October 25, 2014 9:27 pm  #86

Just signed up on this board so for the introduction a little about myself. I currently have only one classic car that is drivable and that is a 61 Galaxie Starliner. It currently has a few modifications to make it mine, 428 - C6, 63 Mercury S-55 bucket seats and console and a somewhat rare 64 Galaxie XL 4 Door rear seat and trim. It has Vintage AC and FPA triY headers, Edelbrock heads and intake. Front Disk brakes with Drop-em-stop-em spindels.
I also build Starliners and currently have two 60's that I need to be working on to help pay for my 37 Ford project, mt 46 Chevy PU project and my 56 Chevy project.
I do not post much and am not real sure how to post photos here but when I get it figured out I will try to post a photo of the Starliner.
Scott...

October 28, 2014 8:07 pm  #87

Hello fellow members. While growing up in northeast Missouri I pretty much been around Fords alot.One that stands out is an old black '63 Galaxie 2dr post. Hopefully I'll be able to find my dream Ford soon. That is a 1961 Galaxie Town Victoria 4dr hardtop. A friend I knew had one in 1967, it was mint green in color, I've never forgot it.Hopefully somebody has one to part with or knows where ones at. Im not looking for a showcar, just a daily driver to get me from California back to Missouri. At 59, those older Fords is all I can work on. Thanks guys.

December 6, 2014 11:42 am  #88

Hello everyone!! New member from Toronto, Ontario here. Just purchased a 1965 Mercury Park Lane Breezeway Sedan with 27,000 original miles on it. Car is in beautiful shape and it drives as good as it looks! This is my first classic car and it wont be my last!! I have a lot of plans for this car and plan to drive it a lot once the snow is gone! 

Looking forward to picking the brains of some of our resident experts when I need some help!

Ciao!

1965 Mercury Park Lane Breezeway Sedan - 390 Merc-O-Matic - 27,000 original miles - Soon to be a little lower with a lot more performance haha

December 8, 2014 10:58 am  #89

welcome to the forum!!  Would love to see some pix of the car and here more about your "plans" 

December 11, 2014 11:50 am  #90

New here, Got a 63.5 500XL 390 4v car, and a 65 Mustang Fastback.  I've touched every nut, bolt, and screw on the Mustang, but the Galaxie is a little bit of a different animal obviously.  Only had her about 1.5 yrs, fixing to try and go through the suspension so I'll have plenty of questions.  I tried to post pics, but it said I need a couple posts first.

Board footera