Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 6, 2016 12:12 am  #1

Door handle pads, 1960...

Does anyone have a source for the outside door handle pads for a 1960 full size Ford car, Galaxie, Fairlane, etc.? Any recommendations as to a material to fabricate pads from, if they are not readily available? Thanks,  David.

March 9, 2016 11:18 am  #2

Re: Door handle pads, 1960...

When you refer to door handle pads...do you mean arm rests? If so C&G Ford Parts may have them.

March 10, 2016 8:54 pm  #3

dan 6776..... Thanks for your reply.
   By door handle pads, I am referring to the rubber/plastic pad hat goes between the outer door handle, and the car body. Sorry for not being clear for the application  in my inquiry.
   I have fabricated some pads from a cork/nitrile composition sheet.
Thanks,
David

April 13, 2016 5:34 am  #4

Late to the party, but these should be easy to find. Many Edsel and Ford door parts were the same thing.

April 14, 2016 9:40 pm  #5

BOBSS396....  Thanks. I'll continue to look for the proper pads, even though I have fabricated a set.   David.

Board footera