Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2016 6:46 am  #1

how to install seat emblems 63 500xl

thought I would share in case anyone else was getting ready to do install emblems on the bucket seats for a 63 galaxie xl. I bought some a while back but they were re-covered in the 80s i guess.  Velour covers.  No emblems.  So I had no idea how to install. I found the elastic and the metal bar they attach to inside the old seats.  You can see by my pics the elastic looks similiar to underwear waist band.  It loops through the clip that swivels in the back of the emblem( you can buy emblems/button with the swivel attached aftermarket at eklers, macs, etc) then goes thru the foam to the metal bar with holes in it.  The brass toggles on the ends of the elastic go thru the holes in the bar.  The bar is attached to the springs in the back of the seat with hog rings. Hope these pics help.

Last edited by g-man (January 4, 2016 3:35 pm)

Board footera