Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2013 1:59 pm  #1

1964 Galaxie

I have a 64 Galaxie 500XL that will be heading to the scrapper in the spring. It still has a few good parts. If your looking for anything let me know. Thanks

Do some miles, Get some smiles

January 7, 2013 11:06 am  #2

Re: 1964 Galaxie

are any of the dash pieces left???

January 8, 2013 9:59 pm  #3

I think I have the gage cluster. Maybe some other pcs. What were you looking for?

January 9, 2013 4:41 pm  #4

I am putting a 63-64 dash in my 62 . Don R gave me the dash but it did not come with any of the parts to go in it. I have gotten some of the parts but I am missing some of the bezels and such.  I will look, see what I have, and let you know what I still need.

January 11, 2013 4:45 pm  #5

I looked and I need the 5 round bezels for the 5 nobs.  I also need the trim piece that covers the defrost vent.

January 12, 2013 5:39 pm  #6

I will check next week.

January 17, 2013 4:26 pm  #7

Daze wrote:

I looked and I need the 5 round bezels for the 5 nobs.  I also need the trim piece that covers the defrost vent.

Daze, the two rectangular pieces that cover the defrost vents were only used on padded dash models. Steel dash did not use. However, I happen to have a guage cluster that is primed and in excellent shape. I will dig around and see what else I have. Then I can send you a care package so you can approve or not and we'll go from there. Don R  LOL, I'm now ragan64  P/S, I'm liking the new forum format better and better.

WKMA,Ya'll

January 17, 2013 4:38 pm  #8

Thanks Don!!  I have a gauge cluster... not sure if it works, I also have the speaker vent, ash tray, heater control bezel, and a few other small parts but know I am still missing a bunch.  I had that dash you sent me sand blasted and I need to do so some sheet metal work on it in a few spots than I will have it powder coated.  I believe it originally had a padded dash as it looks like something should attach at the defrost vent openings.  I may shave the openings and notch the dash to except the 62 vents.  How many years ago was it you sent me that dash??  I know it will fit but I have still not gotten around to putting it in.

January 19, 2013 6:50 pm  #9

I looked at the dash and all the knobs and bezels look like crap. The car has sit without a windshield for several years.

February 12, 2013 5:23 pm  #10

Do you have an A/C idler pully and bracket for an FE?

Board footera