Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2018 3:29 pm  #1

Brand new member in a jam!

Hello all

I am brand new to the page

I had no idea this place exists but man I’m glad I found it

My car is a 1966 Galaxie 500 convertible

I bought this in 1992 when I graduated high school

It was originally a 289 auto car but it’s now a 428 4 speed car

It’s so much fun to drive!!

My trouble is I converted the front drums to discs and save my drums for a different project

My drums were totally shot so I scrapped them the trouble is I scrapped the hubs as well!

Where do I get two new hubs?

I located two new 1969 drums and hubs will these fit? They are 11 x 2 1/2

If they will I will just buy them

Thanks guys
Dave

December 2, 2018 10:31 am  #2

Re: Brand new member in a jam!

not sure the exact date but around the 70s the spindle snout got bigger.  Do a search for bearings at the auto parts store web site of your choice and see if the donor car uses the same bearings as your car.  if they do the hubs should be interchangeable.

December 7, 2018 2:56 pm  #3

Re: Brand new member in a jam!

I believe the switch was in 70. I seem to recall reading that the spindle was beefed up for the 1970 model year, so the 69 should have smaller bearings. Like Daze says, cross reference the bearings and see if they are the same sizes, then test fit them. Test fitting will be the only way to know for sure.

Board footera