Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2018 5:54 am  #1

62 Clock conversion

Hi all
  My 62 Ford wagon had no clock installed, so I went looking for one.. I ended up with 2 clocks and both
are toast, big time.. 
  I can have a conversion done to quartz for about $150. but like most car guys I like to try and do it
myself. Turns out that our 62 and other model years used a Westclock, which is seems is almost
imposible to find a quartz movement. Like I said there is a company that does it.. But yesterday I spent
at least 2 or 3 hours searching the net for a   quartz unit that was 12v  was round and had a stem..
  have not found that unit yet, but I know it is out there someplace.  has anyone come across these units?
I guess I could for go the stem, and use a battery operated unit  they say the battery lasts 10 years.
  any thoughts?
Best
PS: I know I have posted about clocks before, I did a "search" and nothing showed.. 
 I'm starting a repaint of my 62 now.. I am not doing a frame off restoration, but it's close
I had painted the wagon in B\C that did not do well... so I'm doing a single stage, Wimbledon White.
with an epoxy primer.  not to mention doing a lot of rust removing.... 
  Does anyone know of a good metal shop in SoCal that can straigten out light bezels.. I spent 2 hours
doing the rear bumper, not perfect but much better then what it was..

Board footera