Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2018 9:06 am  #1

New Car

Just added another land barge to my stable. I picked up a '76 LTD and drove it home this past weekend. Once I get some photos taken, will get them posted. So here's the rundown:Yellow with Landau top, bench seat, with the paisley print clot in a yellow/gold. Everything original interior, and exterior with the exception of some cragar mags. The car has 62,000 original miles with documentation going back to the original bill of sale, and every service from 1976 until present. The engine has been replaced. This was my Dad's car for two years and when he got it, still had the original 351M. Upon taking it to get a new valley pan, and intake gaskets to cure a vacuum leak at the intake, the shop that did the work left the rags in the valley pan (how do you miss that? anyhow), and upon driving it for a couple of days after the so called repair, the oil pressure dropped to nothing and cooked the engine. So new 351M, with my old Performer 400 off of my first car, a Holley dual feed 600 vac. secondary, Lunati 351 cobra jet cam, dual row timing chain. 

It will actually break the tires loose which is more than the 351M in my wife's Tbird will do.

Board footera