Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2018 9:37 am  #1

Rear and front bumpers interchange

Are the rear and front bumpers the same on 61 and 62 Galaxies?

January 21, 2018 7:30 pm  #2

Re: Rear and front bumpers interchange

Front bumpers same, rear are different.
While were talking bumpers...looks like the 61 and 63 rear bumpers look the same. Can anyone verify if they are the same?

Last edited by dan_6776 (January 21, 2018 7:39 pm)

January 22, 2018 9:32 am  #3

Now I'm really confused....Any help.

January 22, 2018 3:08 pm  #4

Sorry about that...didn't mean to be confusing. Let me clarify. In 62 the rear bumpers have a cut out to accept the lower round portion of the tail lights. But then in 63 Ford went back to a straight bumper with no cut out. So looking at pictures, the 61 and 63 look identical. I was posting the 61 and 63 interchange question in the hopes someone might be able to clarify for me.
The bumper profiles remained the same however. What this means is that the optional bumper guards are the same for the 61, 62, 63 cars.
I hope this clarifies?
Are you trying to buy bumpers from a donor car of a different year than your year of car and wondering if they will fit?

January 24, 2018 8:13 pm  #5

I have a 61 and am trying to find better cores and want to find out what years fit so I can ask in wanted sections knowing what I am asking for will fit.

January 25, 2018 1:29 pm  #6

As mentioned, 61 and 62 front bumpers the same. 61 rear bumper is specific to 61 year only.

Last edited by dan_6776 (January 25, 2018 1:30 pm)

January 28, 2018 4:32 pm  #7

The 61 and 63 rear bumpers are the same except the 63 has more mounting holes. I have a 63 bumper on my 61 Sunliner.
Mike

Board footera