Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2017 4:45 pm  #1

How do I remove my master cylinder push rod on my 69 GAL?

I know this has got to be something simple (at least I HOPE it is) but I cannot get the push rod out of my M/C.  Do I need to take it off at the pedal? How do I get to that?  (I was hoping that it would just separate at the M/C) There is a tiny amount of work room back there.  I got the pin and washer out, but thats all so far...

Last edited by bobby dee (November 16, 2017 4:46 pm)

November 16, 2017 5:37 pm  #2

Re: How do I remove my master cylinder push rod on my 69 GAL?

Well, I figured it out if anybody in the future needs to know... the switch slides off that post and off the pushrod goes.

November 17, 2017 10:32 am  #3

Thanks for posting your solution.

November 18, 2017 9:44 am  #4

Well, that was getting the dang thing OFF... getting it on is quite another story... what a PITA.  There is about 5mm of clearance in there and ZERO light. Also have 50 year old dust falling into my eyes while I cuss at the engineer! Needed to get two people one from the outside and one from the inside. Yarrrr!!!

Board footera