Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2017 3:07 am  #1

1964 Galaxie 500 XL for sale 49K Original miles! One repaint NO RUST !

Hi, I figured out how to upload the pics, but one duplicated for some reason, I can't see where to delete the extra pic, and it won't let me add more, I have additional pics though, such as the door tag, so message me for more pics. Beautiful 1964 Ford Galaxie, a true survivor, other than one paint job many years ago! The car spent most of it's life in San Diego then was acquired by a man in upstate New York, who had been looking for one for some time, when you see this car, you will know why he went all the way to San Diego to get it! Unfortunately the man passed away some years ago, and I got the car from his widowed wife, through a friend of mine, she drove it daily, and had their trusted local mechanic keep up any repairs and maintenance needed on the car. This car was garage kept, and the car is 100 % rust free! The car was repainted sometime in the past, and it was kept the original color, however, as you see in the pics, it is faded, and would buff out nice enough for driver quality. The windows are all clear, no fogging, or windshield chips, or scratches. It has 49K original miles, and when you see it, you will know it! The interior is all original, and in remarkable condition! Even the carpet is original, and does show a lot less wear than you would expect to see in a 53 year old car, but there is some discoloration in the front passenger side! There are some stains in the headliner, not sure what from, age I guess, I left the car out in the rain purposely one day to see if there are any leaks, it was bone dry! The 390 runs very quietly, and smooth, and it has had a Weiand aluminum intake installed at sometime in the car's life, with a Holley 4 barrel carb, and electric fuel pump. The car has dual exhaust, and has a nice rumble, perfect for a car like this, not loud, just right, the C6 trans shifts flawlessly, and the car will cruise 70 MPH all day with two fingers on the wheel, there is no wandering, pulling, shimmying, or vibrations. This car drives like a NEW car! Cars like this don't come along very often, and these Galaxies are steadily going up in value. I have it priced low, considering what the car is valued at through Hagerty. As far as trades, I love old cars, 1972 back to the 20's, also may trade for a street rod, rat rod, lead sled, hot rod, antique truck, muscle car, antique semi truck, anything old, and nice, don't have any time for any more projects right now, unless it is really exceptional, or a driver/project, but as usual CASH IS KING !! Lol Feel free to text, or call with any questions. or to send pics and a description of a trade (352) 551 7492

Last edited by fivo2fst4u (November 9, 2017 5:52 am)

November 8, 2017 7:30 pm  #2

Re: 1964 Galaxie 500 XL for sale 49K Original miles! One repaint NO RUST !

Door tag?  Photos?

Kevin

Kevin
63 Galaxie 500 Sport Hardtop (aka fastback), z-code, 4 speed, Rangoon Red, White roof, black interior
Was with my dad and brother when he took delivery 30 July 1963

November 9, 2017 5:17 am  #3

Re: 1964 Galaxie 500 XL for sale 49K Original miles! One repaint NO RUST !

pkevins wrote:

Door tag?  Photos?

Kevin

Hi Kevin, I wanted to post pics, but couldn't see where to do it on this forum, I can look again, but in the meantime, I have a pic of the door tag if you want to give me your email address. Thanks,Keith

Board footera