Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2017 7:14 am  #1

galaxie questions

on my 63 I have a copper or brass plate that goes over the windshield washer squirter down in the cowl.  Only on the passenger side it has a the brass plate covering the squirter.  Is it there to hold the cowl weatherstripping?  Is it trim to hide the squirter?  Should I have one on each side?

After replacing my vent window weatherstrip my vent window is much tighter.  As a result I have stripped the gears in the regulator trying to close them.  After inspection of the gear it seems to be made of aluminum.  Has anyone else had this problem and have you found a solution.  

Lastly My rear quarter windows seem to wander. That is to say even though I have tried to adjust the regulator inside the quarter the window, when rolled up sometimes falls short of the position its supposed to land creating a crack between the door window and the quarter window.  Other times, mostly if I try to pull on the window by hand while cranking it  ends up too far forward where the door window hits the quarter window when closing the door.  For me the only solution is to put them in the correct position and don't move them.  I have a friend with a 64 who had the same problem.  

Board footera