Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 27, 2017 1:30 pm  #1

defroster ducts

Does any one know where I can get new defroster ducts for 1964 Galaxie the drivers side is gone the passenger side is usable 

April 28, 2017 4:10 pm  #2

Re: defroster ducts

If you are talking about the corrugated flexible ducting I was able to find some at a rubber supply shop. We have a Goodall rubber(they are also an Aeroquip hydraulic hose dealer) dealer in town. They supply a rubber version and can get a cloth version exactly like factory tubing. It is sold by the foot. I went with rubber just because i found it could take the abuse of installation. I was afraid of tearing the cloth stuff when trying to snake it around everything under the dash.

May 5, 2017 5:37 am  #3

The defroster plenum hose on my '59 is oval and it turned to dust as I tried to remove it. Nobody makes a replacement and a '57 hose is not even close. I bought a rectangular Jeep duct hose and cut it down. I wired it in place at the top and used the clip that came with the hose at the heater box. The rubber hose at the right side of the heater box also crumbled. I re-purposed a piece of rubber cut out of a wheelbarrow tube, like a big rubber band.

May 6, 2017 1:59 pm  #4

I see a used set on epay but for the price he's asking, I would check with this guy- www.restomodair.com. he shows a few but there is a place to clic for custom applications. Also check "Stan the Ford Man" in Washington State, he has 60-68 Ford parts. (360) 687-1216  no web site.  Good Luck.

Last edited by 63fastone (May 6, 2017 10:24 pm)

63 1/2 Galaxie 500XL 4speed with a '67 428 and cast 427 long tube headers under the hood.  Black on Black

Board footera