Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2017 8:24 pm  #1

Does anyone have a 61-64 drivers side (left) spindle

laying around that you want to sell me for cheep??  

April 22, 2017 9:15 pm  #2

Re: Does anyone have a 61-64 drivers side (left) spindle

I still need a spindle if anyone has one.

April 23, 2017 8:57 am  #3

I know its not practical as I live in Canada, but...there are two 62 Galaxies about 1/2 hour drive from my place. So if that spindle becomes a difficult piece to find let me know. I would try and help you out.

Last edited by dan_6776 (April 23, 2017 8:59 am)

April 24, 2017 11:05 am  #4

Thanks Dan.  The shipping from Canada would probably be cost prohibitive.  I found one on ebay but they wanted $70 plus 20 shipping and that was my fall back position but then I got a lead on a pair of 64 spindles for less $$ so I think I am good to go but I am still keeping all my options open until I have the parts in hand.  Thanks for your help.

April 24, 2017 2:48 pm  #5

Yeah, but each dollar would only cost you around 65 cents, so buying from Canada is just about free! We sometimes refer to that as foreign aid.

April 25, 2017 11:33 am  #6

I am amazed at the shipping prices between Canada and the US.  I had a guy who lives 200 miles north of me order a $35.00 kit from me and it cost $37.00 to ship it.  

I live in a part of the states where every long weekend or Canadian holiday is obvious by the shear number of Canada license plates I see in parking lots (i'm 100 south of the border) My local economy is healthy largely due to my neighbors to the north so we thank you for your 65/100

April 25, 2017 3:23 pm  #7

I'm surprised they're still coming seeing it costs us around $1.35 for every US dollar. I guess there are still some out there who don't worry too much about what things cost, or things are just that much cheaper down there. I know a number of people from my area who are/were regulars to Whitefish and Boseman for skiing. It is a long drive from here, but so is Banff, Jasper and Fernie.

Board footera