Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2017 5:10 pm  #1

Pics of birthday presents installed

So here's a few pics of my freshly blasted and painted headers along eith the new wires, cap rotir and a few other things thatmy wife and family pitched in on. Got an Ignitor 1, matching Flamethrower coil, Blue Streak cap and rotor Taylor wires, new plugs, and the power relay kit. All in all a pretty good birthday.

Last edited by guitar74 (March 30, 2017 4:33 am)

April 10, 2017 12:06 pm  #2

Re: Pics of birthday presents installed

looks fantastic!!  How does it run / sound with the new hardware?

April 11, 2017 1:05 pm  #3

Re: Pics of birthday presents installed

It's a lot quieter without the tick-tick-ticking of the exhaust leak. It is a LOT peppier with the new plugs, wires and coil and the Pertronix in place of the points. Cold startups are much easier and the idle is way smoother. 

I DID have to start it once with the headers open. I'm not sure if the neighborhood liked it too much, but I didn't get any complaints and now want a set of electric cutouts. 

Board footera