Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2017 12:07 pm  #1

New here, hello!

Hello everyone, 

I'm new here but have been playing with big Fords for a long time.    I've got a '62 Galaxie 500XL convertible we've owned since 1993, and we have a couple big Ford projects in our shop that I'd like to share with the membership. 

Thanks, and see you on the forums!

- Kevin Oeste

March 22, 2017 12:46 pm  #2

Re: New here, hello!

Hey Kevin,
Welcome to the forum! I actually had contacted you a while back about about your 62. You were writing articles in a magazine on the car regarding upgrades. The articles ended just as you were about to install the fuel injected engine. Curious about that next magazine article that I could never find, I contacted you and was sad to hear that series had ended.
Anyway, I went ahead with a 4.6 in a 61 and happy with the results. Many other upgrades to the car with lots of help from the guys on this forum.
Happy to hear you still have the 62.

March 22, 2017 1:49 pm  #3

Wow, that goes back quite a long time!    Yeah, the editorial plan changed a bit at that point, but the car received EFI and a bunch of other stuff.    Is there a thread on your '61?

Thanks for the response!

March 22, 2017 9:07 pm  #4

There are many.  You would have to check out my posts. I went restomod and posted just about everything I did as I went along. I covered everything from rack and pinion, hydroboost, discs all a round, Monte Carlo interior, oil pan swap, engine and tranny swap, speedo conversion, blah blah blah...😀
Lots of those were firsts for me and I couldn't of pulled it off of it weren't for all of the help I received from this forum.

March 24, 2017 8:21 am  #5

Welcome Kevin. Can't wait to see some pics of your car. Will also have to check out the thread on your restomod, Dan. Just did an ignitor install on my '65 289 XL. Will be doing the cap, plugs and new taylor wires tonight so will be posting some photos of the finished job with my freshly painted headers too. My next plans on mine are a dual res master cylinder, disc brake conversion up front, and sway bars. First I have to finish off installing all of these birthday gifts (poor pitiful me, I know). 

Again welcome,

Al

Board footera